The Different Types Of Indian Visa

If you are thinking of taking a trip to India, you need to know which Indian visa you have to get. All travelers require an Indian visa, but the type will vary depending on where you come from and what you are doing in the country. If you are still unsure about the visa you should get, it is recommended that you talk to a professional regarding this.

The Tourist Visa

Most people visiting India will need to apply for a tourist visa. The tourist visa will generally be granted for a period of 6 months and there are few instances when this is extended. Even if your tourist visa is for longer than 6 months, you cannot legally remain in the country past this amount of time.

To apply for the tourist visa, you will need to provide certain documents. This will include your passport which needs to be valid and has at least 6 months remaining. You will also be asked for details about your accommodation, travel plans and how you are going to be funding the trip.

The E-Visa Scheme

Electronic visas are available for people who are visiting India and can be applied for online. These visas will be valid for a period of 60 days. If you choose this type of visa, you will receive a visa stamp in your passport upon arrival which allows you to enter the country.

This type of visa is ideal for people who are not going to be spending a long period of time in the country. It is commonly used by people visiting India for business or for short-term medical reasons. Other short-term course sand programs such as yoga retreats are another reason to look at this type of visa.

The Employment Visa

As the name of this visa suggests, this is for people who are going to be working in India. The employer will need to be registered in India and will include organizations that hire volunteers. This type of visa will generally be granted for a year and need to be renewed or extended.

There is a minimum salary level that you will need to adhere to when you apply for this type of visa. In 2017, this was lowered to allow people to teach in Central Higher Educational Institutes. In order to apply for this visa, you will need to provide a copy of your contract as proof of employment.

A Student Visa

If you are going to be studying in India, you will need to apply for a student visa. You will need to be registered with an officially recognized educational institute in order to apply for the visa. The validity of this type of visa will generally be determined by the course you are enrolled for. However, the maximum length of time will generally be 5 years.

There are many different types of IIndian Visandia visa that you can apply for. The one that you need to get will depend on what you are doing in the country and the length of time that you will remain.